THINGS I BROUGHT BACK FROM MY VISIT HOME
I went back to Atlanta for Thanksgiving and this is what I brought back with me to Oakland. Inspired by @smasch
- •My dad's homemade granolaI don't normally eat granola, but this stuff is the best! My dad lovingly packs it in an old yogurt container, which he seals with blue painters tape.
- •SweatpantsA cozy red pair from Gap that I've had in my childhood bedroom closet for years.
- •Really good olive oilMy dad orders it from a little store in NYC that imports it from Italy. Dad's rationale: "I don't drink wine so I figured why not splurge on olive oil!"
- •Joan Didion Collected NonfictionIt was worth the 5 pounds added to my checked bag to have this on my bookshelf again.
- •KnivesI was complaining to my dad about not having any good knives at my apartment and he bought me a Santoku knife and a chef's knife. Whatta guy. 🔪
- •3 bottles of vitaminsPurchased by my mother and left in my childhood bedroom. She doesn't believe I'll buy them for myself. She is absolutely right.