Things I've learnt while being on holiday with my parents
I haven't been on holiday with my folks for over 20 years but agreed to go with them to Fuerteventura for a week. I've lived alone for a long time so not sure how it will go ...
- •I have a paranoia that people will think I'm a little princess whose parents have treated her to a holiday - I want to wear a sign pointing out that I'm paying!
- •By the time they are ready for breakfast I can get a 3 mile run down, shower, dress and have a look around the local shops.
- •We've nicknamed the empty space at our dinner table for every meal as my new imaginary friend, Giles.
- •My mum has to sit in at least three tables, su loungers, restaurants before she's happy to stay in one!
- •My mum and dad can bicker for 16 hours straight.
- •Turns out I am way more patient than I thought but even Gandhi might have lost it by day three!
- •My parents know how to relax - pre-dinner drinks, wine with dinner, post-dinner drinks and a nightcap every night!
- •My mum is really handy to be around because she speaks so many languages!
- •My mum has the shortest haircut but still takes minimum 1.5hrs to get ready.
- •If I'm going to help them use their phones, kindles, etc, it's a nice change to do it in the glorious sunshine!
- •Things my dad finds exciting about being on holiday are: the airport, the road, the wifi, telling my what temperature it is at home several times each day!