If just for a few hours
- •I can't leave my Mom unattended these days.
- •Almost every week I have the awesome Brittany come and spend some hours with Mom
- •Usually my husband is here and is all like "what do you want to do"?
- •I was single and living on my own almost uninterruptedly since age 18 until age 45 when I got married.
- •Two years later we moved my mom down hereShe was beginning to show signs of dementia.
- •So today husband had to be at work. He called in a panic, "is our Brittany coming? What do you want to do? I may not get there till later".
- •I had an entire afternoon to myself.
- •It was PURE heaven.
- •I got my hair trimmed.So overdue
- •I got a pedicure while I read a book.Pretty
- •I also read a part of a magazine while at pedicure place.And then realized why it was so familiar. @readjulia had already read it for me. A PUBLIC SERVICE: BOTTOM-LINING THIS WEEK'S US MAGAZINE JUST FOR YOU - ISSUE 09.05.16 👖🐡🌰🚤💡.
- •Then I had a two margarita lunch.🍸🍸
- •And every moment was awesome.
- •I LOVE being alone.
- •And I realized that solitude, which I used to take for granted, is something for which I am now starving.
- •I love my husband. I love my mom.
- •But I think I love me alone too.
- •Let's do this again 😀