The Best I ever had
Dipping my toe back into making lists. Only slightly intimidated by the new li.st notification feature.
- •This morning I was making myself a baked potato for breakfast.Because I can and why the hell not😬
- •I was contemplating on what to put on my potatoOh heck out of sour cream... Can I use cream cheese instead?
- •And I found myself reminiscing.
- •In the mid eighties I took a trip to the Greek Island of Mykonos with some friends.Actually, we were supposed to go to several Islands but never made it because we were having such a time.
- •So my friends told me about a little take away place that sold only baked potatoes.Which made me wonder if I could find a nice Greek boy and settle permanently on this magic island.
- •I was skeptical when my friends insisted I order this particular potato but I obeyed.
- •It was a HUGE baked potato
- •With garlic butter
- •Then a layer of egg saladWhat???? I don't even particularly like egg salad
- •Then topped with melted Monterey Jack cheese
- •So 30 years later I have not forgotten this awesome potato that was the best I ever had.
- •Maybe I should try to make it at home?But I might screw it up and then the magic might be lost forever.