Things That Were Cool At My High Schools
Inspired by @Boogie
- •I went to High School in Pleasanton CA and Wilmington VT. The school population of Foothill High School equaled the population of my entire town in Vermont
- •CA: Colored pants with Hawaiian shirtsMy best friend Carrie and I had a routine for slapping our thighs and chest while chanting Colored pants and Hawaiian shirts. We were punks so wouldn't be caught dead.
- •CA StyxAgain ugh
- •Saying "cherry" instead of cool or good.The cherriest boys shortened it to cherr . So Carrie and I started using "Sofa".
- •Vermont: Ozzie Osbourn.Nooooooo😩
- •CA and VT : smoking pot.No thanks I'm sleepy and paranoid enough on my own.
- •Vermont: Leg warmersOnly trend Ive ever set in my life. In my defense winters in Vermont are cold.
- •VT: watching General Hospital after school.I only got CBS reception so I was a Guiding Light girl. (Yes people, I'm that old that I existed before the widespread advent of cable TV
- •CA: football.John Maddens son was in my grade and was freshman quarterback of Varsity team. Didn't matter, team never won.
- •VT: Soccer: our team went to State Finals.
- •CA : Gunny Sack dressesSince I had a hidden desire to be a pioneer girl these were okay by me.
- •VT: Levi 501 Jeans.
- •VT: Sorrel boots
- •VT. Stray CatsI did introduce them but soon even the die hard Ozzy fans couldn't resist the infectious beat.
- •Thanks for taking this trip down memory lane. 😁