Things that don't really happen in Australia
Challenging perceptions of the Land Down Under
- •I don't ride to work on a kangaroo. Nor do I have one as a pet. I have eaten kangaroo meat though, and it is delicious!
- •I don't carry around a huge knife...
- •I don't eat Vegemite every day (but I do love it on toast!).
- •I've never been bitten by a redback spider. But I have been stung by bees and wasps and bull ants.
- •I never drink beer for breakfast...
- •I don't greet everyone with the word 'G'day'!
- •I've never cooked a shrimp on the barbie! Plus we call them 'prawns'.
- •Dingoes don't regularly eat/ steal babies.
- •I don't spend my whole life at the beach (wish I did!).