My Most Immigrant Qualities
Born and raised in Seoul + Puberty'd in STL
- •If I find myself with extra napkins they go straight into my man purse.
- •Yes, I'd like a free sample. Actually, can I have another one? Or four?
- •Discounted admission for students? Okay, let me just pull out my student ID from TEN YEARS AGO.
- •Of course I'll take your leftovers off your hands. They fit right into this extra large bag I brought for this purpose.
- •Never met a sample sale I didn't like.
- •I'll seriously sprint to an ATM right now if you won't charge me tax.
- •This Excel spreadsheet right here that I update every week? Yes, it's for my budget I've been keeping since 2002.
- •Why wouldn't I go to Target with coupons in my coupon envelope? What is the matter with you?
- •You're gonna put in an hour of work on that? Cool. I'll put in three and pretend like I did it in half an hour.
- •You're staying at my house? Awesome. Sorry but I'm gonna cook you dish after dish of Korean food and probably send you home with soju.
- •Don't worry about it. I cry every time Yuna Kim is on television.
- •And cry just as hard for becoming a naturalized U.S. citizen.
- •"Anything to drink?" "Just a cup for water, thanks."Suggested by @Igor