Relatively Inconsequential Purchases I Nevertheless Regret
- •The $3 sandalwood candle I bought at the North Hollywood Target's dollar spot in 2015They draw you in because they're so cheap but there is no way that candle was worth $3. Actually it was more with tax. I tried to burn a candle and metaphorically burned myself.
- •The $45 Iron Maiden tee shirt I bought at some hip store that also sold crystals on MelroseIt's a very soft tee shirt, I'll give it that much. And I do listen to Iron Maiden. But let's be honest, I bought it because it makes me look cool (it really does).
- •The $5 Miller High Life I bought last night at Sassafras Saloon whilst on a date that was set up for me with a boy named KyleThis has nothing to do with the date itself, or the location, or how the night went. I am a PBR girl and now am questioning how I define myself- loyalty is no longer a trait I can claim. Also the beer got warm quickly and there was karaoke at the bar.
- •The $35 vintage Giuseppe Zanotti brown peep toe pumps I bought in my 'maybe peep toe pumps are my thing' phaseThe phase lasted one day because my toes look like fat sausages smushed together in peep toe pumps.
- •The $8 pack of Biore nose strips I bought in 2013 when I was convinced I could cleanse my soul from the outside inMy soul is still as dirty as my nose.
- •The $35 dollar stuffed Winnie-The-Pooh I bought with all my saved allowance at Disney World when I was sevenMy sister got a smaller, cheaper Winnie-The-Pooh and was just as happy in the end as I was. Seven year old me realized that it wasn't extraneous material goods that determine the quality of your life, and I made a vow to stop spending money on little things that wouldn't impact my life. That shit adds up.