WAYS PEOPLE HAVE PRONOUNCED MY NAME
My name is Javier. My name isn't easy. If you don't speak Spanish, it's downright weird. I understand.
- 1.Hauv-yedThis is how my family says my name. If someone says it this way in public, it feels like home.
- 2.Hauve-ee-airThis is pretty common. Most of my teachers growing up pronounced my name this way
- 3.Hauv-eeIf a female says my name this way. I love it. I take it almost as a term of endearment.
- 4.HauveThis is the most common way people refer to me. It's cool.
- 5.Za-vee-yayThis is way a French speaker might say my name. From Xavier. It's happened once or twice. I think it's amusing.
- 6.Ja-vee-airOk you're just being lazy.
- 7.Jay-verzThis was prevalent among the older boys in my neighborhood growing up.
- 8.Hauvz or HobbsMy friends in 5th and 6th grade referred to me thusly
- 9.Suave-y-hairMy older cousin Patrick likes to call me this. I don't know...
- 10.Saviors Of The World!My grandpa Perfecto's nickname for me. He was a character, you would have liked him.