Albums that Changed My Life, Part 1
- •Eilleen: The Complete Limelight Sessions (Shania Twain)This is the first album I ever owned. I got it from my uncle for Christmas and I had no idea who Shania Twain was. This album introduced me to country and rock n roll, as well as shameless air guitar sessions in my bedroom.
- •Abbey Road (The Beatles)In grade nine I finally HEARD what my father played all those years growing up and I fell in love with the Fab Four. They introduced me to meaningful song lyrics and wacky psychedelic sound. Oh, and hippie culture ✌️☮
- •Recovery (Eminem)The Real Slim Shady was struggling with depression and addiction. I was struggling with heartbreak and abuse. He was in recovery, and so was I.
- •The Blessed Unrest (Sara Bareilles)She taught me to be brave, to love fearlessly, and that I could have a voice through music and poetry.
- •Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die (Panic! at the Disco)No one else could accurately express how I felt growing up as a teenager like Brendon Urie could. (Plus he's a fox and I was an emo kid once.)