Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •Giving students numerical grades on their work.Ah yes, you did 85 on your creative writing assignment.
- •Unraveling knitting projects because I messed up.I spent so much time building you up just to watch you fall.
- •The word "ubiquitous."Especially when used in scholarly articles.
Also known as ringing in the ears.
- •Is that my ears, or is there going to be some kind of electrical fire?Nope. Just my ears. EEEEEEEEEEEEEE
- •Sleeping with a sound machine.It was fun for a while. But now I have the thunderstorm memorized down to each rumble. And using the "celestial" recording always gives me really weird dreams.
- •Forgetting to take my sound machine when I travel.Not having it is worse. Then it's just me and the soothing sound of hissing until I can fall asleep.
A list of words I've had to look up. (Ongoing)
- •Ablutions (n)- the act of washing oneself (often used for humorously formal effect).
- •Doyenne (n)- a woman who is the most respected or prominent person in a particular field.
- •Trellis (n)- a framework of light wooden or metal bars, chiefly used as a support for fruit trees or climbing plants.
I recently attended a book club for middle school students while at my school library internship. We discussed Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick. In the book, when Steven struggles with the fact that his little brother has cancer, his guidance counselor asks him to describe the universe in one word. He says "unfair."
- •Here's what my students said when I asked them to describe the universe in just one word:
My first attempt at a list! 99 of my favorite people/places/things/activities in no particular order.
- 2.SILS friends