Reasons Why Tinnitus Is the Worst
Also known as ringing in the ears.
- •Is that my ears, or is there going to be some kind of electrical fire?Nope. Just my ears. EEEEEEEEEEEEEE
- •Sleeping with a sound machine.It was fun for a while. But now I have the thunderstorm memorized down to each rumble. And using the "celestial" recording always gives me really weird dreams.
- •Forgetting to take my sound machine when I travel.Not having it is worse. Then it's just me and the soothing sound of hissing until I can fall asleep.
- •The doctors were never able to tell me what's causing it.Some people with tinnitus have it due to hearing loss. Or a little benign tumor. Or several other reasons. But me? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It is a mystery.
- •Double ringing.So, you know how sometimes you get a random burst of ringing that subsides in about 30 seconds? I still get those. On TOP of the constant ringing.
- •What is this "silence" you speak of?I remember before I had tinnitus, I would be able to enjoy a silent room. It was almost like a weight was pressing against me ears. So long, sweet silence. Now I always have background noise.
- •I know a lot of people have it worse than me.My case of tinnitus is little more than an annoyance. But for some people, it's truly debilitating, and that makes me really sad. You can find out more about tinnitus here: https://www.ata.org