BROADWAY HITS I SLAY WHEN MY ROOMMATE IS AWAY
One of the perks of having a roommate (besides cheaper rent) is the freedom you feel when you they go away for the weekend and you can (try to) hit the high notes. Here are the Broadway hits that really allow me to showcase my vocal range (note: I have none)! What's on your home alone soundtrack?
- •All I Ask Of You - Phantom of the OperaA true vocal warmup for me. "Everywhere you gooooo, let me go too..."
- •Prologue - Into the WoodsAre you really doing this 14+ minute prologue right if you're not attempting to be every character?
- •I Can Do Better Than That - The Last Five Years"You don't have to change a thing just staaa- aaay with meeee...I want you and you and nothing but you..." My attempts at emulating Anna Kendrick would be real pleasing to Jeremy Jordan, right?
- •Take Me Or Leave Me - RENTYes, sometimes this rendition involves me on top of the coffee table and/or using our stairs as a prop in my attempts to become Maureen.
- •21 Guns - American IdiotYes, they turned this Green Day album into a musical and it's fabulous.
- •The Schuyler Sisters - HamiltonThe only think more fun than rapping like a Schuyler sister is trying to wrap as fast as Marquis de Lafayette.
- •No One Mourns the Wicked - WickedI would actually die of mortification if my roommate walked in on me attempting to do this song justice. I usually save this one for when I'm absolutely certain she won't be back for a bit. The neighbors aren't quite as lucky.
- •Gimme, Gimme from Thoroughly Modern MillyA need-to-be-alone song if I've ever knew one. FLY DOVE SING SPARROWSuggested by @stars
- •It Won't Be Long Now from In The HeightsI mean it's honestly more like sustained screaming than singing but I feel powerfulSuggested by @jessacosta
- •Can I just list every song from Hamilton?Especially when I'm alone in my car. I go all outSuggested by @mrush
- •Defying Gravity - WickedCan I do it justice? No. Do I care? No.Suggested by @crackdkettle
- •The I Love You Song from 25th annual Putnam County spelling BeeBeautiful and heart wrenching and requires uninhibited gusto.Suggested by @ktremble
- •Brooklyn's Here - NewsiesSuggested by @bailey
- •Tell Me on a Sunday - Song. & DanceWhen you finally face the fact that it's over. "Take the hurt out of all the pain."Suggested by @mavi_acumennial
- •CELL BLOCK TANGO - ChicagoThey had it comin'!Suggested by @EmilyAnnA
- •La Vie Boheme - RentEveryone's part. All of it. Including dancing around as if I was mark, on top of the table at the life cafe.Suggested by @dmbanthony