HOW MY SANTA ILLUSION WAS SHATTERED 🎅🏽
I've known since I was five years old that Santa wasn't an actual person. #ThanksObama I kid, I kid. #ThanksMom
- •It's Christmas Eve and my mom sends my little brother to bed early. 🎁We're told to stay in bed or else Santa won't come. Apparently if we're still awake when he's in the neighborhood, he'll skip our house. A classic line used by parents across the nation.
- •I'm in bed but I'm not sleepy - Santa's gonna be here soon! 😬Plus I hear some rustling in our living room. I would later find out that wrapping gifts is a noisy activity in a tiny house.
- •I decide to get out of bed to get some water.But also peek into the living room just in case. 🙈
- •LOOK WHAT WE HAVE HERE - my mother wrapping gifts but more importantly, EATING THE COOKIES WE LEFT FOR SANTA. 😦No shame and clearly, no respect.
- •"Mommy those are for Santa." ❌I'm both confused and intrigued.
- •Her response: "Santa isn't real. Now have a cookie and don't tell your brother." 🙃
- •I grabbed a cookie from Santa's plate and scurried back to bed. 🙊
- •I kept Santa's identity secret for years. 💁🏽It also gave me a weird power over my little brother. At any moment I could crush his Santa dreams but because deep down I'm a good person, I did not. #nicelist
- •Maybe this is why cookies taste especially delicious at Christmastime? 🎄🍪