AWKWARD FAMILY MOVIE EXPERIENCES, RANKED
Normally, my family loves watching movies together. But for every School of Rock or Guardians of the Galaxy, there are these...
- •Watchmen, in theaters, with my dadThe world's most awkward sex scene, in Zack Snyder's dark slow-mo style. This entire movie was uncomfortable. I had just read the graphic novel and my dad thought it would be a fun father-daughter thing to see the movie together. Nope.
- •The first five minutes of Carrie, at home, with my parents and younger brotherWe had to turn it off because we were all too uncomfortable. I haven't gone back to watch it since.
- •Black Swan, on a laptop in a hotel room, with my momPretty uncomfortable, but not as bad as you might think. Definitely didn't make eye contact with her the rest of the night.
- •Bridesmaids, in theaters, with both of my grandmas, my aunt, my momMainly because, during the opening scene, my grandma threw her hand in front of my face and whisper-shouted "Avert your eyes!"
- •Juno, in theaters, with my grandmaSurprisingly, not that awkward. She is not the grandma who covered my eyes during Bridesmaids. Only a little weird when we left the theater and saw a group of people from my high school who had obviously not been going to the movies with their grandma.
- •BONUS: NOT The HangoverI watched this alone. My parents watched it, and my mom said "I think you'd like it! Watch it without me."