HART OF DIXIE
This show is ridiculous. I'm 5 episodes in, and I already know I'm going to binge it like a bag of chili cheese Fritos.
- •"What if Summer was a doctor from New York who moved to Alabama?"
- •Her name is Dr. HART and she wants to be a HEART surgeon but she has terrible bedside manner and needs to work on her own ❤️
- •So many Deep South stereotypes, y'allBut like, only the cute/classy ones
- •Cress Williams is a goddamn delight always in everything he does, and this is no exceptionHe plays the mayor of Bluebell who is a former linebacker and the only man who can pull off this hat.
- •There is character named BRICK who has a daughter named LEMON
- •Lemon wears a lot of yellow
- •Rachel Bilson is always fabulously dressed
- •Even when casually delivering a baby at a party
- •The houses are beautifulI love the Alabama-town-on-a-Hollywood-backlot look
- •People walk down the middle of the road a lotI get that's it's a small town so there aren't likely to be a lot of cars, but let's be safe here.
- •I love a good comical height difference
- •I just want to stroll under trees covered in Spanish moss
- •I can't help but think "Man this town is very white"I've never been to small town Alabama, but still
- •Also, they are very careful to romanticize/poke fun at traditional Southern vales without bringing up racism
- •Who knows if they'll ever address the less charming/funny parts of Southern history and cultureI hope they do, if only to show that the writers are aware of what the real South is actually like.
- •For now, it's a very pretty picture