WHERE I'D LIKE TO BE IN 10 YEARS
Inspired by @BWN_7 First off, let me say that when I think about where I might be in ONE year, my brain goes AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so this is a lot for my short-term planning self to think about. I'm going for a mix of practical and ideal.
- •Okay, so will be 33 in 10 years 😳That sounds very old right now. Sorry, current 33 year olds.
- •RelationshipHopefully I'll be in one? I've never dated anyone before, so it's hard for me to wrap my brain around what it might be like. I see myself probably in along-term relationship but not married.
- •FamilyNo kids, if I'm not married. Still in touch and on good terms with my parents, bother, and sister. I will definitely be an aunt in 10 years.
- •PetsI will have a cat.
- •Work/CareerI will not still be working at my current company. I will be working somewhere where I can use my creative energy to make change or create interesting content. I will be passionate about and understand what my work is putting out into the world.
- •GeographicallyI'll still be in a city, but I won't be in DC any more. Maybe Chicago or Seattle. Or maybe by 33 I'll be ready to return to Southern California. I'll make it back there eventually.
- •HobbiesI will garden, for real. I will still love reading and dancing and hiking.
- •Health/AppearanceI will have a regular fitness routine that I actually stick to and I will be responsible about what I eat (so, like now, only more disciplined). I won't weigh more than what it says on my driver's license and I'll still be able to fit into that blue dress that I love. My hair will be grown out as long as I want and without split ends. No more acne.
- •Public ServiceI will regularly volunteer in whatever community I am a part of (probably at the library) because I will have gotten over my weird thing where I just stay inside away from people and feel anxious about the state of the world (hopefully).
- •FinancialContinuing with the very nice retirement/savings account my grandpa has set up for me, I will be doing all right. I will earn enough money to be able to do my grocery shopping at Whole Foods if I want to.
- •TravelI will have completed my goal to visit every US state and all seven continents. I will also finally be at a point in my career where I can take longer vacations. I either travel alone, with my best friend, or doing annoying double-couple trips with my partner and my sister and her husband while they drop hints that we should get married already.