HOW TO WRITE FOR THE INTERNET
I used to write SEO copy.
- •Pretend your orthodontic client is your favorite high school English teacher.
- •Pretend that instead of making a benjamin, you're wanting a 100 percent.No, not a 100, that will mean you've arrived, and then what? A nice 98, a bulbus number that would carry you through the desert.
- •Sneak the SEO keywords into your piece undetected, let them come naturally.They are clunky and born to stick out, but you place them in subtly like a ninja word wizard.
- •Stick within about 10 words of the target word count.That will make it harder. It will make it more fun. Like a poem where you're filling in blanks.
- •Pretend you give a shit about any of it, give lots of shits while you're writing.
- •Send in your invoice and cease to give a shit.Because your editor might change your favorite part or your orthodontic client may say he never approved the topic or your supervisor could tell you they've hired a cheaper writer.