5 WORK TRIP TIPS FOR MOMS OF A 2 YEAR OLD
- 1.Cool lunch snacksA couple cookies and an "I love you" note spelled out in hieroglyphics = major mom points
- 2.Video vs FaceTimeI used to FaceTime with my daughter, which was fun for a few minutes until she became despondent because mommy wouldn't pick her up. Exchanging video messages instead is a game changer. She loves watching them over an over.
- 3.Feeling guilty? Hang out with a European momFind a mom who lives in Europe and listen to her talk about how she sends the kids to grandma's for the entire summer so she can get a combo of "me time" and "couple time" with her husband. All feelings of mom guilt vanish! You instantly realize your child will survive those five days without you.
- 4.Pick up a gift for your husbandIt doesn't even need to be good. Does my husband really need a Super Bowl 50 beer opener? No But somehow those 10 airport dollars say thank you in ways words do not. (I don't have to tell you to pick up a $2 trinket for your toddler. You're mom)
- 5.Sleep. Drink. WorkoutWhile your colleagues may be partying all night, you know nirvana is two glasses of wine, an early bedtime and a solid workout Before your 10 hours of meetings. Alone time doesn't happen every day. Enjoy!