Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •Many, many photos of my cat. (Arguable tbh)
- •Video of a light shining through a ceiling fan.
- •Photo of a blood splat on my arm where I killed a mosquito.
When I think junk food, I think salty-savory, not sweet, so I'll stick to that. Also, I'll skip accidentally vegan stuff (like Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos or Snyder's Jalapeño Pretzels) and premade vegan snack stuff (like Nacho Moms vegan queso or Earth Balance white cheddar puffs). So here are five easy-to-make vegan junk food splurges!
- 1.Toasted spicy chickpeas:Drain and dry between paper towels toss a can of chickpeas, toss with a mix of oil and salt, roast in a 400-degree oven for 20 or 30 minutes, then toss with spices (I like cumin and curry or chili powder) and CHOMP
- 2.Buffalo cauliflower bites:A good recipe here (note: she calls for brown rice flour; any flour will do) http://theleancleaneatingmachine.com/2014/02/02/cauliflower-buffalo-bites/
- 3.Socca pancake with basil oil:Below is David Lebowitz's recipe for socca, chickpea-flour pancakes. Basil oil—not necessary, but why not gild the lily? Blend 3/4 cup olive oil with 1 1/2 cups basil leaves. http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2009/06/socca-enfin/
Got a vegan coming over for dinner and you're freaking out? Thinking about going part-time vegan, but not into Boca Burgers? Or just don't believe vegan food can taste good to meat-eating cheese-snappers? Try these and trust.
- •Heidi Swanson's 10 Minute Tasty Rice and AsparagusA boring name for a glorious dish. Also, double the lemon-tahini sauce recipe and put it on ERRYTHANG http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/ten-minute-tasty-asparagus-and-brown-rice-recipe.html
- •Food52's Pasta e CeciI'm not going to tell you NOT to add shaved Parm, but it really is great without it. Canned chickpeas are OK, just don't skip the rosemary. http://food52.com/recipes/25865-pasta-e-ceci-pasta-with-chickpeas
- •Gourmet Today's Southwestern Quinoa SaladRidiculously easy, and pretty enough for a potluck. Skip the feta to make it vegan (add salted roasted pumpkin seeds instead); substitute fresh grapefruit juice for orange in the dressing. http://food52.com/recipes/22857-southwestern-quinoa-salad-by-way-of-the-pantry
There just aren't enough personal days.
- 1.My car
- 2.My laptop
- 3.My ladyparts
No such thing as a guilty pleasure. (I wish I really felt this way.)
- 1.Blade Runner
- •John Hurt in "Alien" (age 8)White T-shirt, red paint, red and pink balloons (uninflated), sawn-off plastic lizard "chestburster," boyfriend of mom without ideas of appropriate costume (or viewing) for 8-year-old 👌🏼💯
- •BeerYellow sweatshirt, fluffy white sheepskin hat.
- •Magritte's "Son of Man"Man was that apple annoying after about 5 minutes.