WHAT I WILL MISS ABOUT THIS HOUSE
Moving is hard, but the emotional side is always more of a challenge for me than the logistics.
- •The canyonYes, we won't be far from Eaton Canyon at the new place, but it won't be right outside our back yard.
- •The bobcatI feel like she has become my spirit animal, I have seen her so often.
- •The bearNow who will toss my trash and leave me a poop present all over the garage door? You know what, never mind. Don't answer that.
- •The fireplaceI am enjoying its heat as I type this list. The new place has a fireplace, but remember, this is about the emotions.
- •My neighborsI will get new neighbors. But these have been true neighbor's. Not just the "do you have a few eggs I can use?" kind, but the "hey can you watch my kids for an hour while I do a conference call" kind.
- •The last two and a half years of my children's lives.THIS is the challenge of moving for me. When I leave a place, I leave some of the memories behind. It's unavoidable. And whether or not this new house is better for us in a time of positive change, I will still morn in some part the loss of the mists of memory that hang about the place in which those memories were made.