Things I've Completed while on Unplanned Vacation
I've had an inordinate amount of time on my hands this past week as evidenced by the amount of housework I've completed.
- •Mopped the floors in my house (twice).Because I decided to put the 5 gallon jug of water on the dispenser right after I mopped the first time even though I am neither tall enough or strong enough to accomplish the task.
- •Cleaned the oven, which I don't think had been cleaned in at least a year (yikes!).Because of course something started to burn in the back, but I can't remember anything that dripped when it cooked.
- •Cleaned the microwave (twice).Because no one in my home can seem to use the microwave cover I bought to prevent food explosion splatter.
- •Reorganized all the cupboards in my kitchen.Because we just love to throw the Tupperware in the cupboard without looking inside or putting things in their proper place.
- •Cleaned out the refrigerator.Because 6 month old full honey roasted hams should not be living in my refrigerator.
- •Built a fireplace TV console.Because there's nothing cozier than cuddling up by the fireplace in the fall.
- •Rearranged the family room.Because we had to accommodate the coziness of the fireplace.
- •Reorganized the laundry room.Because, well, let's face it: no one ever looks in there, and it was a frightful disaster.
- •Washed about 10 loads of laundry.Because I have stinky boys and stinky cats, and you can never have enough clean laundry.
- •Reorganized my closet.Because I have too many clothes.
- •Reorganized my dresser.Because I need to get rid of some of my "I think I may wear this again someday" collection.
- •Ironed all of my work clothes.Because there's nothing worse that being unprepared on an early morning.
- •Rearranged my office.Because I bought a piano and plunked it in there and disregarded the fact that it's just wall to wall crap in there.
- •Rearranged my bedroom.Because fall is sexy time, and we need a little more coziness in the bedroom.
- •Painted a wall in my bedroom.Because absolutely no one should have four white walls in the bedroom.
- •I've basically cleaned my entire house at least once, and I'm starting to think I'm on round two of that cleaning.Because I hate being off of work for more than a few days especially when it's unplanned, and I have way too much pent up blahness waiting for the next job to start.