SIX FACTS ABOUT NEW HAMPSHIRE
On Tuesday February 9, New Hampshire voters will vote in the first primary of the 2016 presidential election. But how much do you really know about the Granite State?
- 1.One Area CodeThe entire state of New Hampshire has only one area code (603) because many of the state's libertarian-leaning residents consider telephones an unwanted government intrusion.
- 2.Chief ExportThe chief export of New Hampshire is tax-free booze! New Hampshire has a robust state economy built primarily on people from neighboring states coming over to by alcohol in a state with no sales tax.
- 3.GovernorThe governor of New Hampshire is a democratic moose named Maggie Hassan.
- 4.State CapitalThe capital of New Hampshire is Boston, MA.
- 5.MottoThe state motto of New Hampshire was originally "Live Free or Die Trying" until a high profile lawsuit with rapper 50 Cent.
- 6.First PrimaryNew Hampshire holds the first state-wide primary of every presidential election cycle (Iowa uses a caucus system which is different and stupid.) The reason for this is simple: America's greatest president, Josiah "Jed" Bartlet, is a Granite Stater, and America must do all it can to honor his legacy.