The Presidential Line of Succession
No matter how this election goes, on January 20, 2017, a new person will be president of the United States. That means most of the top of the presidential line of succession will be completely turned over. To illustrate what that might look like, here is President Obama's line of succession.
- •Vice President - Joe BidenThe Vice President is elected in tandem with the president, largely to serve as President in the event of a 25th amendment situation or, God forbid, the President's death.
- •Vice founder - Shane SmithWhile there would inevitably constitutional hurdles to clear due to his horrifying Canadian citizenship and even more horrifying Canadian accent, his position as something like a journalist of sorts has put him in possession of incriminating documents involving the president.
- •President Pro Tempore of the Senate - Orrin HatchThis position is made up and so is this person. If it ever gets to this place in the line of succession, the now-deceased president's childhood imaginary friend becomes president.
- •Stanley Horvath of Kenosha, WisconsinFor some reason, the president loves this dude.
- •Orrin Hatch, but this time he's in front of an American flagSame rules apply, but he's constantly setting up the American flag behind him.
- •The Reanimated Corpse of the PresidentZombie Obama comes in at six, technology permitting. He would do well to remember that he faces impeachment if he starts eating the brains of the very important people with whom he interacts.
- •Muqtada al-SadrFor some reason.
- •David MiscavigeListen, the US Government took a few communication courses. It's not really as out there as you think!
- •Three babies in a Trench CoatJust the first three babies to show up.
- •The President's High School PrincipalPrincipals live forever and they know how to make the tough decisions. For example, my High School principal sent thousands of us out to die in Iraq!