A Morning Meditation for You
A few years ago @DeepakChopra and Oprah got me hooked on mediation- Sit down, breathe and calm the heck down, OK! I meditate every morning using the Calm app on the bus ride to work. Would a cushy pillow, zen crystals and candles be more ideal, yes, but NJ Transit has to do for now. Here's a sample of what I try to accomplish everyday, join along!
- •Close your eyes, focus inward on your breath.Sometimes I just make it to this step, that's very ok. Breathing is good.
- •Inhale love, exhale patienceOr replace these with what you need more of
- •Inhale love, exhale compassion
- •Inhale love, exhale patience
- •Inhale gratitude. Exhale gratitude.
- •X 10.Or so, I mostly like to lose myself in this part.
- •Set an intention for the day.Practice kindness.
- •Inhale your intention, exhale negative thoughts.
- •Softly blink open your eyes.
- •Smile and move on with the day!