Food & Drink That Smell Better Than They Taste
A conversation I had with my friend yesterday, brought to The List App.
- •CoffeeStarting out pretty bold, I know, and I love coffee as much as the next person, but the smell of those freshly roasted beans is way better than the taste of that brown water.
- •BaconSmoky porky delicious smell fills the house, one nibble of that crispy side reminds you quick that the smell of bacon Is the best part.
- •Microwave popcornLet's be honest, popcorn is the vehicle for what's on it. And that straight out of the bag hot artificial butter smell does not hold up to the semi cardboard airy textured artificial butter taste.
- •Anything with the herb dillThe smell of dill is so lovely, and maybe I put too much dill in things, but aggressive dill flavor is never fun. This doesn't apply to pickles.
- •In the reverse: tofu shirataki noodles. That odor is rank, but the taste is surprisingly mild.Suggested by @jenngiacoppo
- •Bread from SubwayHas there every been a greater dichotomy between scent and taste? The air they pump out on the street must be some patented science...Suggested by @zoe
- •Fajitas Fajitas FajitasSuggested by @mattselman
- •Lavender anythingSmell like bliss, taste like pissSuggested by @dcerruti
- •Cambazola cheeseLike the stinkiest blue mixed with dirty sweat sock but it tastes so freaking goodSuggested by @gilbaron
- •Gasoline.Suggested by @bobbyhundreds
- •Nuts about NutsFrom the NYC street vendorsSuggested by @claire
- •TeaVanilla tea/ any flavor does not taste nearly as good as it smells.Suggested by @livfinsmith