Overheard While Watching Game 1 of the World Series
My parents are born and raised in Queens, NY. My brother just moved home from far away and is a die hard fan. I love the Mets like they're my cousins. We're all together to watch the first game of the World Series. Rated R for extreme language.
- •Not overheard, but sharing a romantic dinner with him.
- •"Hat off, stand up, ITS THE NATIONAL ANTHEM" - MomBut mom, I'm eating. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
- •"What you want to drink, I got 3 kindsa seltzer, milk, chocolate milk, root beer, water, Diet Coke, whatya want??" - MomAny vodka?
- •"Oh shit, oh fuck, oh shit, fuck fuck fuck" - dad1-0, royals.
- •"CAN WE MUTE THE COMMERCIALS IM HAVING AN ASTHMA ATTACK!" - mom
- •"Oh oh, what is this?!?!? Technical difficulties?! WTF?!" - Justin
- •"You ever make baked ziti? Extra ricotta, that's the secret, right?!" - momSomeone has ADD.
- •"TAG TAG TAG!" - everyone in the room3-1, Mets.
- •"OMG THE CATCHER HAS NAIL POLISH ON!" - me
- •"My mother had celiacs we found out when she died, but her whole life she was so gassy." - momCue a full out poop conversation. This has been going on for 15 minutes now.
- •"Buckner lost his mind after he bobbled that ball, he was never right in the head again" - dad
- •(Huge fight about about reviewing David wrights stolen base and the new culture of reviewing plays like football)We're not fan.
- •Full conversation about @rachaelray's book signing at locally at Bookends. "Oh how cute, lets go say hi! Does she want to come over for dinner first?!" - mom
- •"Omg the top of the 10th? Get out of my house maybe we'll have better luck..." - mom
- •👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻Extra innings = heart palpitations
- •LETS GO METS 🔷🔶⚾️