TECH COMPANIES - DIVIDE AND CONQUER!
I know that competition is healthy for innovation but lately I feel like there's more repetition and redundancy in the marketplace.
- •MapsApple, let Google have maps. They're great at it. Please don't waste time and resources re-doing all they've done just because you guys don't get along.
- •Streaming music.I guess competition is good here as it still hasn't been figured out. Beats is now just Apple music, right? There's spotify - never liked the interface. Google play which seemed really similar to beats - not sure which came first. It all still seems primitive to me. I like the getting to know you with selecting artists you like, but eventually an intelligent system will just see my music library and get me right away. also- please someone integrate all the artwork better!
- •Phones.You can all keep making phones and tablets. Actually, Amazon, you can stay out. Keep making the Kindle and the show Transparent. You're doing great.
- •Voice recognition.This is a big one. All of our devices need better voice recognition. Google's seemed to take a big leap over the last few years and is much more accurate than Siri. I declare Google the winner here.
- •CarsI think this is a terribly exciting field. Google's self driving car is looking good. I'm very curious to see what Apple does here. Tesla will obviously continue to do great things here too.
- •TVLet's figure this one out! I thought Apple would have this done years ago. My dream is to just talk to my tv, no remotes. I'd love to have my personal digitized movie library easily accessible. I sort of do know using Plex through Roku but it's janky and rarely works.
- •Laptops and desktops.Apple, please get back to making better stuff. I think quality has dipped lately. My nightmare is that someday I'll have no choice but switch to a Google made laptop.