Tv I Watched With My Parents Growing Up
I wanted to make a list of the ones that instantly came to mind, meaning that I either have fond memories of them, or was tormented by them every time I would hear the theme song. Here they are listed in order of recollection
- •MatlockI remember hating this show which seemed to last like 3 hours when I was a kid. Though looking back now, I do like how Ben Matlock could outsmart the bad guys and ultimately win his case week after week.
- •Star SearchDid this come on on Saturday Nights? I just remember sitting eating dinner and learning fractions with Ed McMahon - 3 and 1/2 Stars...3 and 3 Quarter Stars. What a rating system!
- •L.A. LawProbably totally inappropriate for my 8 year old mind...I remember there being lots of inappropriate language and sex...but it was the late '80's...I'm sure it's the Dick Van Dyke Show compared to what's on TV nowadays.
- •The Tonight Show w/ Johnny CarsonI LOVED sneaking downstairs and hiding around the corner to hear the first part of the Carson show! (I'm sure my parents knew I was there)
- •TV's Bloopers and Practical JokesHoly Christ, I think my father had an Ed McMahon Fetish! First Star Search, then The Tonight Show and now this??
- •Wheel of FortuneWe were definitely a Wheel of Fortune house..not a Jeopardy house.
- •The Cosby ShowThursday nights on NBC were awesome!! I had already had an introduction to Bill Cosby before this show from my dads old comedy records...I still can tell you most of the plots from each episode.
- •CheersAww...such a warm place in my heart for Cheers. The Diane/Coach years...the Rebecca/Woody years...they are all wonderful wonderful times. My favorites were when they were having competitions with the rival bar "Gary's Old Time Tavern"
- •Quantum LeapThis was definitely my Mom's show. And I have a lot of memories being cuddled up on the couch watching it with her. So imagine my surprise when I told her that I found the complete seasons on Netflix and she had no idea what I was talking about!!! "But mom, we used to watch it together all the time!!!"