What my critical inner voice tells me: Before a Gig Edition
It is currently 5:30. I have a gig at 9:00 that I have to leave for in an hour or so...here is what CIV is currently telling me.
- •"Yeah..you should've practiced more...you're not ready with this material"
- •"Even if you were ready, do you really think you can sing for the next three hours? You haven't sang a lot since you've been sick AND you pretty much sucked at rehearsal the other night"
- •"Quit thinking you can play guitar solos. This is why there are "lead" players...you are a rhythm player...you're not ready to take solos."
- •"the crowd is going to hate the material"
- •"You're not dancey enough for a bar on a Saturday night."
- •"...and that shirt is hideous and makes you look fat...go change!"
- •Don't you just wish you could make your mind shut up???
- •(Tonight's poster)