here's my thing about gilmore girls: a year in the life
not my only complaint but a significant one
- •what the fuck was up with those 30-somethings club jokes????
- •that felt like a piece of humor from an entirely different show
- •it was just bizarrely out of place
- •and also????
- •i found it very obnoxious of the narrative to buy into the queen rory hype to be like "oh well she's not like those OTHER millennials"
- •"yeah she's struggling NOW but she's smart and special, not like THIS group"
- •"THESE unemployed 30-somethings have nothing of value to share. but rory is just having a transitional moment"
- •also the only people i've EVER seen do "i drink your milkshake" were two seventeen year old boys in 2010 when it was way more timely
- •that felt like a really weird dated reference
- •ALSO i get the palladinos wanted to give bailey de young a cameo and she IS 27 but after seeing her play a 16yo earlier this year in faking it it was very jarring to frame her as the face of the 30-somethings