POP CULTURE ACRONYMS THAT DON'T MEAN THE SAME THING FOR A SCIENTIST
After moving to the western world I started getting constantly bombarded by pop culture and all of its related acronyms . These are some that I often mistook for something completely unrelated.
- •VMAs: video music awards vs viscosity modifying ad-mixtures.The latter does not generate the same amount of hype
- •PDA: public display of affection vs pore distribution analysis.My date explained this to me on Valentine's Day. I was confused and he was weirded out and no longer interested. Oops. Fun timeeees!
- •GOT: game of thrones vs glossary of termsWhy is this even a thing?
- •HP: Harry Potter vs high precipitationAgain... Why?
- •HS: Harry styles vs hydrogen sulfideI hear they both cause cardiac complications *buh dum tssss*
- •You'll either relate to this or it'll remain a sad list.
- •Sorry funny listappers for the subpar material
- •Annnnd nobody will read this 🙃