The science field in riddled with sociopaths - an in depth look. I need to vent 🌡🌡🌡
- •"But you can't handle that machine by yourself... Let one of the guys do it" - uhm, let me try???? I'm sure I can handle the big scary centrifuge.Maybe he was being considerate but the dismissive tone is NOT cute.
- •Whilst I was complaining about my nightshift happening tonight: "The media is pink! That'll cheer you up. We should get all the ladies working on this project" really? REALLY?? Are we in 1st grade? I do not squeal when I see pink, It will not make me forget about my sleep depravation and how is that even a relevant argument?
- •Taking slight jabs at a female lab mate because she decided to take a one year maternity leave instead of 6 months. I feel sorry for your mother 🖕🏻
- •While browsing an applicants resume "oh she only has the [woman only] award, she didn't have much competition, haha" 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
- •The classic: "are you pmsing or something?" No asshole, my software crashed. You got upset when someone didn't fill the kettle.
- •While attending a conference: "why are you not wearing a dress, it's much nicer" I like my pantsuit, it's more comfortable and your opinion does not matter.
- •"do you want to handle the paperwork/order?" NO I DON'T! I AM NOT YOUR SECRETARY. We have the same job description, why do you feel like you're my superior?
- •While I was having trouble connecting to the projector. "Ah woman and technology, here let me do it. " - it was broken🙄