WHAT GOES THROUGH YOUR MIND WHEN YOU HEAR ABOUT BOMBINGS IN BEIRUT
- •Freak outCasually checking Twitter. I see Beirut in the trending topics. This is not good, this is not good, THIS.IS.NOT.GOOD. Sadly a middle eastern city trending on Twitter is almost certainly caused by a tragic event.
- •Where's my phone
- •Stop shaking
- •Who should I call first???Go for mom. She usually keeps tabs on all three of my brothers' whereabouts and my dad's
- •No answer - stop shaking!
- •She's probably just sleeping
- •Try my oldest brother - please answer, please answer...Send simultaneous messages on all forms of social media and other apps (Facebook, Twitter, what's app, Skype.) in the hopes he's online on one of them.
- •No answer - STOP SHAKING!
- •Try the youngestLongest 5 mins of my life. "Where are you? Is everyone home? Are you sure?"
- •Call everybody again just to make sure that he's not trying to hide anythingYou're pretty fucked at this point and convinced they are lying to you
- •Everyone in my family is safe
- •Hundreds of other families aren't thoughDeath toll is up to 40 with 300 injured. I can't even begin to imagine how everybody is dealing with this.
- •My heart is with Everybody in Beirut ❤️
- •Why am I still shaking?