FAVORITE SENTENCES IN THE ARGONAUTS
- •I told you I wanted to live in a world in which the antidote to shame is not honor, but honesty. You said I misunderstood what you meant by honor. We haven't yet stopped trying to explain to each other what those words mean to us; perhaps we never will.
- •What's your pleasure? you asked, then stuck around for the answer.
- •I had nearly four decades to become myself before experimenting with my obliteration.
- •Nor have I ever been what you might call a baby person (nor an animal person, nor a garden person, not even a house plant person; even urging a toward self care often irritate or mystify me).
- •It was like stumbling into a tarot reading or AA meeting and hearing the one thing that will keep you going, in heart or art, for years.