Already on li.st? Open in app.
It's midnight Friday night/Saturday morning and you know how sometimes you just want to ramble?
- •Work has been quiet lately.Not worryingly quiet but, you know, quiet.
- •I'm assuming it's because it's the summer and so many editors seem to be on vacation.
- •It's giving me some time to crave a change.A significant change.
- •Ohh, I wish it was a more interesting story! 😃
- •My name is Jen.
- •My initials are JEA.
- •So, when I went over to B's place on Monday, he offered me some food.With his medical stuff, he can just about eat if it's soft, and if he chews it lots.
- •I apologised that I hadn't offered him food at my place.I felt a little bad. I love providing food for people!
- •He said (no malice intended) - 'why would you?! I'm really difficult to bother cooking for!' then listed his allergies sorta dismissively.He didn't mean anything by it but I felt bad. Because he is worth 'bothering' to cook for, and I want him to know that.
Inspired by @amieshmamie
- •Favourite movieWhen Harry Met Sally. Sometimes, I feel like I'm living it but I love it. It's so fast and funny, and also quite adorable.
- •Favourite bookThree way tie between To Kill a Mockingbird, Hogfather (Terry Pratchett), and Trevor Noah's Born a Crime. All very different so it's impossible to compare!
- •Beliefs about Heaven and Hell.I want to believe they exist, but I can't quite do that.
Not that relationships, friends or otherwise, should be about 'earning' points, but B earned many this week.
- •Tuesday night, I texted him about having asthma.He was at work so I expected a brief reply if anything.
- •When he got back from work (gone 10pm), he texted some light hearted stuff about it.Joking how you get a jacket and badge for joining the asthma club.
- •That was fine.He has asthma and a lot worse. I didn't really expect sympathy from him. I was fine with humour as a defence mechanism.
- •We watched a movie, but when I say we watched it, we paused it a ton to talk.The 2 hour film turned into 3.
- •He's sounding croaky.The health problems, I guess? He didn't like to talk about it.
- •He was hugely sympathetic of my friend emigrating.He's heard a lot of the back story.
All considered while laying on my bed feeling very tired.
- •Not overthink anything.Yeah, right 😉
- •Arrange an appointment with my doctor.Having spent literally all year with a cough, and a family history of asthma, I might have asthma. If I don't, I've definitely got something going on.
- •Pitch more outlets for work.Work is a little quiet. It's my own fault due to running low on motivation and energy.
- •Chocolate from Hotel ChocolatPossibly too much. Is it possible to buy too much chocolate?
- •3 Krispy KremesNot all for me. 2 Peanut Butter and Jelly and 1 Nutella
- •One jumper in the Gap sale
- •So, my best friend emigrated on Tuesday.It's a complicated mess. I'd love to be excited for his big adventure but it's tricky given the circumstances.
- •We met up Monday night for one last meal together (along with his partner).It was a really good time, and a really sad time too.
- •Sure, I can hopefully visit him/them but he's always lived 20 minutes away from me. When we were kids, we lived in the same street.It's not going to be the same. I don't have enough close friends to 'lose' one.