Fates and Furies List: Actresses I've Pictured Playing Mathilde
It turns out Hollywood is not short on slender blondes who can play fabulous/fucked up. Hi, @BookClub!
- •Kelly Rutherford (Lily van der Woodsen on Gossip Girl)She seems like she could earn the nickname "The Dragon Wife." She's also good at conveying that she's thinking more than she's saying.
- •Julie DelpyBoth are French born, smart, and striking, though I'm used to seeing her play women who are more openly emotional than Mathilde is.
- •Amanda SeyfriedDuring Mathilde's days as Ariel's mistress. She's known for her innocent looks, which would make the revelations about her past all the more shocking.
- •Aria Lyric Leabu (young Meredith on Grey's Anatomy)During her Aurelie days. It may be the Kuleshov effect at work (the audience projects an emotion on an actor's face based on what the camera cuts to), but she has those I've-seen-more-than-any-child-should-see eyes.
- •Blythe DannerI assume she gets a call whenever there's a part for an elegant woman of the world.
- •Kim Novak"Glorious in her silver dress, her hair platinum, in a Hitchcock twist." Who else are we supposed to picture? Though it sounds like Novak is curvier than Mathilde.
- •Gwyneth PaltrowBut only as Margot TenenbaumSuggested by @francium
- •Amber VallettaAka Allegra Cole from HitchSuggested by @hannazoeo
- •Julia StilesJust realized she's exactly the way I pictured herSuggested by @victoriaedel