Note that this is not just a "fave characters" list. Hamlet, I love you, but you'd be a real drag at brunch even though your name sounds like ham omelette.
- •Falstaff (Henry IV)You'd just have to accept that he's in everyone's Shakespearean #squadgoals and enjoy him when he has time for you
- •Beatrice (Much Ado About Nothing)Not as well known as the other witty heroines, but she's one of the few who 1) Doesn't disguise herself as a man to confuse people, and 2) Cares more about her bestie than her bae
- •Puck (Midsummer Night's Dream)If you're doing Shakespearean squad goals and you don't have at least one magical character then honestly do you even care?
- •Richard III (Richard III)He's a hideous sociopath who wooed the widow of a man he murdered at his funeral. Skilled wingman ✔️ Friend who makes funerals fun ✔️
- •Cleopatra (Antony & Cleopatra)Our friendship is constantly on the rocks because she's a man-stealing diva, but then she threatens to let a bunch of snakes eat her if we ditch her and we decide to just let it go
- •Portia (Merchant of Venice)Racist? Yes. Anti-Semitic? Some would argue. But you want a lawyer in your squad for the same reason you want a doctor on The Oregon Trail: because shit happens.