Twelve Days of Christmas, Ranked by How Fun to Sing
When you're at a holiday party and they're assigning parts
- 1.FIVE GOLD RINGSBelt it, bae
- 2.Three French hensA nice, crisp line. Good for masculine types and people who can roll their r's.
- 3.Ten lords a-leapingFun! Fun to say! Fun image! Fun things come to those who wait!
- 4.Two turtle dovesA lovely little line, though it's quickly drowned out
- 5.Seven swans a-swimmingPretty, not too late or too early, a little hard to say
- 6.And a partridge in a pear treeIf all you want for Christmas is attention, congrats! Otherwise, it's exhausting.
- 7.Four calling birdsYawn.
- 8.Eight maids a-milking"Milking" is a gross verb.
- 9.Eleven pipers pipingBit of a tongue twister, and you only get two chances to nail it.
- 10.Nine ladies dancingJust an "eh" line. Not alliterative or rhythmic. Plus people are really starting to get sick of this song by the time you show up.
- 11.Six geese a-laying"Geese" just isn't a cool word. Plus you're immediately forgot-- FIVE GOLD RINGS!
- 12.Twelve drummers drummingUGH. You sit there forever waiting to sing the least creative line in the song. They're drummers! What else would they be doing???