When I Feel Bad About (Blank), I Think of (Blank)
- •My ears/Mireille EnnisHer ears stick out like mine but I tend to hide them behind my hair. I admire her bun confidence.
- •The fact that I might never have children/Jane AustenOne of the greatest, most enduring novelists and shade-throwing spinsters of all time.
- •And sometimes George WashingtonNever had children of his own (although he did help Martha raise her children from a previous marriage). When people be like "Your life will be meaningless if you don't have children," it's satisfying to bring up one of the first important people American kids learn about.
- •The fact that I might have many children but continue to write/Alice MunroI remember reading an Atlantic article that claimed female writers should only have one child. The author didn't mention Munro, who must've done a bang up job hiding her extra children from the Nobel Prize committee 👊🇨🇦
- •The fact that I could live off popcorn and red wine/Olivia PopeA fictional character yes but she was invented by the very admirable and very non-fictional @shondarhimes so guess what I'm having for dinner tonight 🍿🍷