MY FAVORITE DAD'S FROM TV
This is the list of the TV dads that stand out to me, and who I would love to have as a dad (but my own father is fantastic). I will probably forget some great TV dads, so please share your favorites!
- •Coach Eric Taylor (Friday Night Lights)Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose. Coach Taylor loves his family. Even though he is sometimes lost on how to raise a teenage daughter, he is always there for her.
- •Bob Belcher (Bob's Burgers)One of the things about the Belcher family is that they are a unit. They love and support each other. Bob is always there for his kids and would do pretty much anything for them (remember when he went to a pony convention for Tina?). He is always supportive of his kids.
- •Rogelio De La Vega (Jane the Virgin)Honestly, I kind of did this list for Rogelio because he's pretty much one of my favorite characters on TV right now. He's incredibly vain and arrogant. Yet, when he finds out about Jane, he's all in. Sometimes his methods of showing love are misguided (a lot of the time), but it really does stem from a good place.
- •Ramesh (Master of None)Aziz's real life dad stole the show in any scene. He is a man who worked hard for his family, but still has a good humor about him. He is supportive of his son and isn't afraid to give it to him straight.
- •Ron Swanson (Parks and Recreation)Ron became a dad when he married Dianne, and they had a son (he also adopted her daughters), but Ron had years of practice as a father to practically everyone in the Parks and Rex office. Ron is full of wisdom to share with others. He's not the most warm and fuzzy guy, but he will always be there for the people he cares about.
- •Rupert Giles (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)Yes, I know Giles isn't Buffy's father. But a father/daughter bond does exist between them. It's one of the many beautiful things in this series. (Just see the end of the episode "Lie to Me").