GOOD CAT NAMES
Only releasing these to the public because it's impossible for me to use them all in my lifetime. Full disclosure: I have never actually owned a cat, but I'm pretty sure these are appropriate.
- •Thelonious MonkInfluential jazz pianist/composer and man with excellent name. Good for a cat who doesn't play by the rules.
- •Chai LatteThey are delicious. Plus, "Chai" for short is cute and almost normal if that's what you're into.
- •GnocchiWeird little dumpling things that are periodically attempted on Chopped. Also a word that looks way more complicated than it sounds. Spelling is pretty irrelevant for a cat so this is a good opportunity to be that person without cruelly placing any ~unique~ name burden on a human child.
- •Fats WallerI feel like people love giving their cats names that include "fat," and this one is a real winner. Another influential jazz great with a name fit for a fun and fat feline.
- •Samantha JonesThe best and baddest Sex and the City gal. I feel strongly that she would have been a cat in another life.
- •GlovesExcellent alternative to the ever popular "Mittens" for more mature cats.
- •ElvisCool cat.
- •BuffyFor the cat who is also a vampire slayer.
- •DunkinLike the donuts. I recommend using your cats name as an opportunity to pay tribute to your heroes as I have done here.
- •Celine DionDoes your cat have a powerhouse voice and excellent stage presence? This name is for you.
- •Abraham LincolnAs with famous jazz musicians, many presidents have names suitable for cats. Honest Abe is a personal fav and a pretty safe choice.
- •Susan B. AnthonyJust feels right.
- •CraigThis is the name of my neighbors cat, but I had to include it. Genius.