HIGHLIGHTS OF AN 11 HOUR BUS RIDE
When you're 💸ballin on a budget💸, finding out about a last minute trip means taking a grimy bus down the boulevard of broken dreams
- •The driver testing the waters with what I assume is his stand up material"Good morning everyone, if you took off your shoes, put 'em back on. If you took off your pants, put those back on too!!!"
- •Looking at the time at 3:45 am and wondering if this was real or a nightmare
- •Dreaming/hallucinating about dogs taking a yoga class
- •Watching my phone battery depleteAlong with any remaining optimism
- •Seeing a 40-something year old woman have her 90-something year old husband take pictures of her posing in the train station only to find out that I had the pleasure of sitting next to her for 7 hoursShe loved bumping my elbow and then looking at me like I wronged her
- •Sitting next to a guy who was srsly manspreading for the remaining 4 hours 😑I could not move... I resent him so much
- •Listening to podcasts and laughing manically to myself while everyone slept
- •The guy behind me pushing his bag so far forward under my seat that it was entirely UNDER MY FEETEvery time I would try to push it back, he would push it forward even more aggressively... I'm sorry but no???
- •LisaShe took over as driver and was real af.. "Unless you wanna go through the windshield, don't come down the front staircase while I'm driving"
- •Texting @torihyndman saying "I welcome death with open arms...""...jk" Even I recognized how disgustingly over dramatic that was I apologize
- •ConnecticutNice highways
- •The girl across the aisle staring at me like she wanted to drink my bloodHer look screamed living dead
- •Spotting some inspired license plates"ALGAE"
- •The sunriseDid night even happen
- •Drinking enough water to survive, but not enough that I would need to peeIt's all about ~balance~ people
- •Learning how to walk againAlso about balance... And stretching
- •I lost a part of my soul on that bus and I will never get it backI am changed, but more alive than I have ever been