LIES I'VE BEEN TOLD
Selected for lack of tact/believability (and/or pain caused)
- •My dad telling me he didn't throw away my dead hamster"It was dead who cares" sad discovery for a seven-year-old sleuth
- •My dad telling me he didn't throw away a painting I worked really hard on"I thought it was trash" I guess that's one way of looking at it
- •A friend saying that he once stole a car in front of a 7-Eleven when he went to buy a Twinkie because his grandma wouldn't give him food"Yeah you're right that's not true"
- •A girl I worked with texting me that her dad was in a car accident and she needed me to cover her shift because she was in the hospital with himShe also sent a picture ... Of a man in a hospital bed... That she got from the Internet .. She didn't even crop out the URL........ It comes up on the first page of Google................
- •My grandfather announcing that he won the lotteryHe even teared up... Sweet prank!!!
- •People telling me I could pull off dark brown hairI could not
- •A girl who lived on my floor freshman year of college admitting to my face (I guess this is a truth and a lie) to writing a mean note on another girl's door and then bold-faced lying to our entire floor about it at meeting the next dayI'm no snitch, so I didn't utter a word, but this was one of the 3.5 times my jaw has legitimately dropped
- •A friend saying he never talked shit about meI had the receipts, but nice try tho
- •Any doctor saying it won't hurtIt always hurts
- •Someone telling me they were sorryYou weren't, but it's okay