PLACES TO GO IN CLT
For @ali_sewalt - welcome! As a natural-born Charlottean, I like to consider myself knowledgable about the restaurant scene. Here are some of my favorite places - and there are so many new places that I have yet to try. I hope my fellow QC List Appers will chime in with their faves as well!
- •CookoutThe Oreo milkshakes are life changing. Also, good drunk food. Open late.
- •Amelie's24/7 French bakery in NoDa. Hip place to work/study during the day, have a game night with friends, or go on a date. Must try the chocolate croissant!
- •Pinky's Westside GrillSo good. Owned by @amieshmamie 's brother in law(?) Don't forget to snap pics in the photo booth!
- •Tapas 51Diamond in the rough. I've yet to try something I don't like and they make the best mojito in town.
- •The Flying BiscuitPretty sure they put crack in their biscuits. They serve regular food, but I always end up ordering breakfast.
- •Vitner'sWine, craft beer, and fantastic flatbreads. Has kind of a coffee shop vibe - it's not uncommon for people to bring their laptops, have a glass of wine, and get some work done.
- •Brazwell'sGo on Monday for half price wings and $2 well drinks
- •Cajun QueenLive jazz band every night. My favorite is the shrimp scampi.
- •The Crepe CellarAlso in NoDa. Get the Queen City Crepe!
- •Mr. K's Ice CreamSoft serve heaven.
- •The Famous Toastery (formerly known as Toast Cafe)Great for weekend brunch.
- •The King's KitchenAmazing Southern food with a purpose. Chef Noble is well-known in the Charlotte area, and The King's Kitchen is his nonprofit restaurant.
- •Mama Ricotta'sA favorite for birthdays, anniversaries, and other family celebrations. Penne alla vodka is da 💣here.
- •BakersfieldA1 sangria and queso. Meet up with friends after work and try a bunch of different tacos!
- •Food Truck FridayGotta go at least once! Papi Queso and Two Chicks and a Truck are personal faves.
- •Cabo fish tacoSuggested by @kelseyanne137