HOW A MIDDLE-AGED HET COUPLE CELEBRATED LEGALIZED GAY MARRIAGE YESTERDAY
My husband and I are in our forties, with 10 yo child, liberal, city dwellers ... iow... You in 10-15 years. We are on vacation in Colorado when the news breaks.
- •Husband reports news read on Twitter feed.
- •We both yell yay"!
- •Turn on MSNBC radio to listen.
- •Post on Personal and Biz Facebooks: "Mazel Tov to the USA".
- •Read Roberts and Scalia dissents and wonder wtf they are thinking about their legacies.
- •At lunch, hear about local LGBT Festival and smile and laugh about the throw down it's gonna be. Nod to each other that we should totally go!
- •Turn on TV to watch Rachel Maddow coverage before dinner.
- •After dinner walk by LGBT celebration and be so happy.
- •Don't go in bc we feel like Grammy and Paw Paw after we see the youthful crowd.
- •Go to bed feeling hopeful.