Inspired by the places I don't want to go in this list DON'T INVITE ME
- •THE BEACHI'll always say yes. I'll drop everything to make it. You'll be my favorite.
- •EXPLORINGYes, I want to explore this neighborhood or the next, the park, the new grocery store, etc.
- •OUT FOR BREAKFAST OR SUSHISelf-explanatory
- •SOMEPLACE I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO BE.If the door says employees only or better yet KEEP OUT, I want to see what's in there. If you're the Miami Seaquarium and you leave the gate to the unauthorized section open, you can bet I'll take my kids and spend an hour looking at boring mechanical pumps and water filtration systems, just because you don't want me to.
- •POKÉMON HUNTINGSelf-explanatory
- •ON A BOATI'll go sailing with you, off the edge of the world or around the lake. Also let's go snorkeling or diving or fishing or swimming or just sit here and watch the waves.
- •THE GROCERY STOREEspecially a fun, interestingly stocked one. I want to try everything there and also to find the most disgusting thing I can. I LOVE FOOD! Tell me everything you like to eat and your favorite things and your best food memories.
- •A ROAD TRIPI'll drive. I'll bring snacks. Let's go and pretend we're never coming back, just for a little while.
- •TO A GARDENI want to see and smell all the flowers. I love the smell of the damp earth and the hot, sunny smell of a greenhouse and the sharp, prickly fertilizer scent of the spring. Tell me about the history and the plantings and the weevil blight of 1862.
- •TO SEE THE INSIDE OF YOUR HOUSEI love seeing where and how people live, and I love the funky weird things in houses. Odd shaped doorways, telephone alcoves, old pastel bathrooms with good tile, indoor water features, doorways and staircases that don't line up, tiny rooms that have zero purpose or are awkward afterthoughts. Also I want to see what's in your medicine cabinet and your nightstand and in your closets. Some might call it nosy, but I like to think of it as curious about the world.
- •TO SEE A DESERTED, ABANDONED, OR HAUNTED HOUSE!I like to see what people left behind! There was a funky abandoned group of houses I could walk to from a townhouse I used to live in, and my friends and I would take late night walks to explore them(they were torn down maybe 10 years ago) There was a bouquet of roses decaying on the counter, boxes of expired food in the pantry, definitively 80s furniture moldering, etc. and it was fun and spooky to explore at night. I don't believe in ghosts, but I DEFINITELY want to hear the ghost stories!!!!
- •JUST ABOUT ANYTHING ELSEI like to be entertained. Tell me a good story. If there's someone there I like to talk to, I'll probably have fun, no matter where I am. BUT PROBABLY NOT AT A WEDDING...