IT IS THE SUMMER OF THE SOUL IN DECEMBER
- •What makes tens of thousands of dollars of college student loan debt seem worthwhile?
- •When your son spends the long drive home explaining ATP transferase and the electron transport chain to you.
- •When you go to a holiday gathering and he excitedly tells everyone about the summertime internship he's interested in, working with terrapins in Maryland.
- •When you hear him advising his second cousin(a senior in high school) how important it is to talk to his professors and ask about special projects to get the most out of his college experience.
- •When he sits in the back of the car on the way home and asks your parents about their memories of the Cold War and Vietnam eras.And when your dad gets a little choked up about lost classmates and almost 50 year old fears of war, he knows the right compassionate young man things to say.
- •Of course, he also burnt out the hard drive on his laptop and needed it replaced, barely passed his calculus class, and left his contacts at school even though I asked him to check twice before we left.
- •But all in all, it's so nice to have him home and he stayed up and watched two Christmas movies with me last night!😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄