IT TASTES LIKE MY CHILDHOOD
Inspired by @kate81
- •Hot dogs baked with cheese and onions on a slice of bread
- •Tuna noodle casseroleNot enough cheese and too many peas, and also not properly seasoned. Blech!
- •Angel food cakeOne of my mom's specialties. She's a terrible cook but a pretty good baker. She also makes excellent cream puffs.
- •Hamburger, macaroni and home canned tomatoes.Not enough seasoning and no cheese made this a very depressing meal.
- •Creamed anything on toast. Usually hard boiled eggs or canned asparagus.No.
- •French onion soup with mozzarella cubes.On the salad bar at school.
- •Good N FruitySee this list about betrayal. BETRAYAL!
- •Soup and sandwich Sunday nights with The Wonderful World of Disney.Usually mock turtle or cream of mushroom soup and if I was lucky a salami sandwich but more likely bologna.
- •Egg toastNot like this, that's just what my parents called French toast
- •PancakesRecipe from this cookbook, but quadrupled.
- •Sloppy joes, but homemade with 1/2 shredded carrots instead of beef.My sister's husband always says our childhood makes him sad.
- •The first drink out of a glass Pepsi bottle. I got to blow away the little foggy cloud and drink the first drink and my dad would have the rest.