LARES AND PENATES 📁☀️
Lares and Penates can be gods that protect the household or refer to the goods in a house. (Basically-there is a more technical definition and history, but it is not relevant to this list and I am cleaning out drafts so...) I think our household gods live in these items.
- •Ice Cream MachineThe god of household summertime happiness.
- •CuisinartThe god of hand cramp relief and guacamole.
- •Coffee MakerThe god of good mornings.
- •PillowsThe god of good nights and forts.
- •Rocking ChairA poltergeist. Probably detrimental but can't leave the far corner of the living room.
- •These StatuesThe gods of our farming/goose tending forebears
- •Toilet Paper HolderThe god of do it now, better out than in, and don't forget to change the roll or you'll go to H E double hockey sticks.
- •BookshelvesThe god of look it up yourself, you'll remember it longer.
- •Tent in the garageThe gods of good vacations past and future.
- •Joy Mangano huggable hangersThe gods of fashion and terrible movies.